Resources & Links
- Call 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
- TN Dept of Mental Health 24 Hr Crisis line
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU)
- Walk In Centers
- Centerstone Crisis Services
1-800-681-7444 or text 1-844-8398
- Crisis Text Line
Text NAMI to 741741
Finding Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services
- Tennessee Redline
- Tennessee Association of Alcohol, Drug and Other Addiction Services (TAADAS) Directory
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- American Addiction Centers
- Area 52 Al-Anon/Alateen Family Groups
- SAMHSA National Helpline
(substance use) 1-800-662-4357
- NAMI Helpline
Helpline for people having trouble accessing services
1-800-560-5767 (8:00-4:30 M-F)
Finding Mental Health Care
Substance abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Public Psychiatric Hospitals
- Veterans Crisis Line
1-800-273-8255 (press 1) or text 838255
- Veterans National Resource Directory
- NAMI Homefront Mental Health Resources for Military Service Members, Veterans and Their Families
- Trans Lifeline
1-877-565-8860 for a hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people. Trans Lifeline volunteers are ready to respond to whatever support needs community members might have
- The LGBT National Help Center
1-888-843-4564. Open to callers of all ages. Provides peer-counseling, information, and local resources.
- The Trevor Project
- TN LGBTQ Health Resources
- Healthwell Foundation
The Healthwell Foundation helps the uninsured afford critical medical treatments because they believe no one should go without essential care.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
The website has a 3 step process for finding medication assistance. Step 1 Enter the medication you need, Step 2 Enter your information to see resources that may be available based on the information you provide. Step 3 review the results
- Rx Outreach
Provides discounted medicines for eligible patients.
- Cover RX
CoverRx is a prescription drug program designed to assist those who have no pharmacy coverage, but have a need for medication. CoverRx provides participants affordable access to more than 200 generic medications in addition to some name brands of insulin, mental health medications, and naloxone products.
- Together Rx Access
With Together Rx Access®, uninsured Americans gain access to immediate savings on prescription products right at their neighborhood pharmacies AND resources that help people take care of what’s most important—their health.
GoodRx provides you with information and coupons for the lowest price prescription drugs in your area. You can compare prices search for coupons and then show the pharmacist when you visit the pharmacy.
Youth, Young Adults and Children
- Tennessee Mental Health Consumers’ Association (TMHCA)
- Social Security Administration
- United Way (comprehensive community list)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Tennessee Suicide Prevention Network (TSPN)
- Conservatorship Association of Tennessee
- Disaster Distress Helpline
1-800-985-5990 for a 24/7 national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster.
Greater Nashville Regional Council
615-891-5866 for referrals and resources to older adults, adults with disabilities, and their caregivers. Programs and services include Medicare counseling, home-and-community based services, and family caregiver support programs.
- Tennessee Justice Center
615- 846-4727 A non-profit organization that provides legal services at no cost to our clients. Serving Tennesseans who need assistance getting health care, food stamps, SNAP, Medicaid, CHIP, and Medicare Savings Programs (MSP),
TDMHSAS COVID-19 Webpage
For behavioral health providers, consumers, and families
- Tardive Dyskinesia Information & Resources
Tardive Dyskinesia (TD) is a movement disorder that causes a range of repetitive muscle movements in the face, neck, arms and legs. TD symptoms are beyond a person’s control. These symptoms can make routine physical functioning difficult, significantly affecting quality of life.