Mental Health Crisis!
Help for Myself
CLICK BELOW FOR GUIDANCE ON…
What can trigger a crisis?
- High stress event like job loss, break-up, grief, family conflict
- When mental health symptoms first appear
- If treatment stops working
- Changes in medication
- If you stop taking medication
- If you abuse alcohol or drugs
- Lack of sleep
- Changes in sleep, appetite, self-care
- Rapid mood swings,
- Extreme anger, fear, or sadness
- Seeing or hearing strange things
- Have a plan to kill yourself
- Have a plan to harm yourself or someone else
- Have already harmed yourself or someone else
WHO SHOULD I CALL?
If you don’t feel safe, call 911.
Call 911, if high risk, for police, crisis response, or emergency medical (EMT).
Risk is high when weapons are involved or there is serious risk of physical harm to self or others.
OR, Call 1-855-274-7471 or Text “TN” to 741-741
For the Tennessee Statewide Crisis Line, a free 24/7 mental health crisis service available across Tennessee.
OR, call your usual mental health provider.
They know you and your treatment plan. They can help you feel better and get you into crisis care if needed.